Staffing The Advertiser (EDITed)
The Advertiser targets searches made by people online who are most likely to take action, also known as the highest value search terms. For example, it would be considered a high value search if someone within one hour of your service searched up “churches near me,” because the likelihood of that person doing something based on their search is high.
The Advertiser then sends viewers who click on their ad to a landing page, where viewers will be asked to an action that is hyper-targeted to the ad they clicked. In the case of this example, the viewer who searched “Church near me” might be shown a landing page with this call to action: “Enter your name and email below and we will save a seat for you!” along with a button that says: “Save My Seat!”
These are the skills that are vital for the Advertiser to have.
- Advertising Platforms: The Advertiser should be proficient in the use of one or multiple types of advertising platforms (such as Google Ads, Google Ad Grant, Facebook Ads, Youtube Ads, Display Ads, Retargeting Ads, Text Ads, etc).
- Conversion Tracking: The Advertiser should be proficient at setting up conversion tracking, which allows you to measure how many times a goal is reached and the return your ads are creating for your church. Many churches lose countless dollars on ineffective advertising because they don’t know how to measure the results of an advertising campaign.
- Website Platform: The Advertiser should be proficient at using your church’s website creation platform.
- Landing Page Design: The Advertiser should be proficient at creating hyper-targeted landing pages that generate high conversion rates.
- Analytics: The Advertiser should be proficient at reading analytic data to identify what’s working and what isn’t. This means reading data from advertising software such as Google ads or Facebook ads as well as from analytics software such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
- Optimizing: The Advertiser should be proficient at optimizing the performance of advertising systems. This means writing new ads, adding and removing keywords, adding or removing targeted demographics, split-testing landing pages, and making changes that lead to greater conversions.
- Reporting: The Advertiser should be able to measure and report the results of advertising campaigns to the Marketing Director every month.
Leave a Reply